Thursday, January 26, 2006



When did Oprah get to be the last word on everything?
Did I miss something?
Isn’t she a Talk Show Host?

Don’t get me wrong…I mean, if Oprah’s Book Club can get hosers to read “The Bluest Eye” by Toni Morrison, I think that’s great…but holy shit, man!
She’s a talk show host, not God.
Not St Joseph.
Not Mohomed.

I just watched Oprah’s public flogging of James Frey.
I just watched a bunch of people kiss her ass for “bringing this to the forefront of journalism”.
Who the fuck is James Frey?
Some guy who wrote a personal memoir that he sensationalized?
Someone who embellished on his memories?
I’m sorry, but it’s a memoir, people…not news.

For one of the Muppets (asked to come on the show to comment), to reckon it to claims that the Holocaust never happened is just fucking ridiculous.
It's insulting.
That now, if we read a biography or memoir we will not believe again.
It’s all Mr. Frey’s fault.

In times of war, lies in journalism are rampant.
In fact, the old adage:
"The first casualty of war is the truth", is the biggest truth ever told in times of reporting during a state of war.

To flay this writer for doing what many do in the guise of real news, seems like non-news to me.
The real news is that he pulled the wool over Oprah’s eyes.
That seems to be the real issue here.

When did Oprah become the North American conscience?

Obviously, the world of journalism and TVland collectively think that the general public are complete and utter morons.

I must concur...I huffed, puffed and snorted through the whole thing...