Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's Going 2 B a Good Day.

That's what I have as my message when I turn on my cellphone every morning.

This morning as I turned onto a downtown street, I noticed that there were about five streetcars backed up with their hazard lights on.

I got into the right lane to turn onto another street to avoid the streetcars, and I guess I wasn't fully into the lane when I noticed a silver hybrid rather close on my drivers side.
I heard a sound, and I suppose that he thought that we had grazed each other.

I could see that he was shouting.
I pulled over and stopped.
He jumped out of his car yelling....but then noticed that his car was slowly moving backwards toward the car behind his.
I'm assuming he didn't put it in park, rather...he put it in reverse...he panicked and jumped back in, put it in park and got out again.

I got out of my car, and my cell phone started to ring...while it was ringing, the women in the car behind his got out and started yelling at him:
"Get back in your car you fucking asshole, she didn't TOUCH your car!"

My cellphone stops ringing.

He's yelling at me...I'm looking at his car without a mark on it...the woman behind him is still standing outside of her car calling him an asshole.

My cellphone starts ringing again.

He gets back in his car, and burns rubber out in front of me and makes a right.
I wave to the woman.
She smiles.

We could have taken him.