Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Lives of the Pathetic and Delusional

When a tour-bus load of would-be Carries, Charlottes, and Samanthas (nope, no Mirandas) go chasing that Sex and the City dream, is it comedy, tragedy, or cultural delusion? Shuttling from a certain sex shop to the Magnolia Bakery, the author ponders their quest.

Firstly, I never understood "Sex in the City-mania", or any other type of obsession with fictional characters.
I don't understand Harry Potter freaks any more than I understand Trekkies, and Star Wars Freaks.

The NYC that these women live in is not one that I was ever familiar with, and I suppose that is part of the appeal for some middle aged women who are living the Ballad of Lucy Jordan....but a bus tour of the haunts of a bunch of fictional characters?

Seriously.
There really is a sucker born every minute.

Oh, ignore me...I'm a pragmatic, wet rag with an over-active sense of reality.

(Article found at Funkaoshi)