Monday, June 18, 2007

The Mister and me hate the multiplex cinema concept.
We are lucky enough to remember the old one movie theatre with the balcony and the velvet curtains.

Now, the movie theatre is just a glorified video game arcade with overpriced food and movies.

The Mister and me don't go to the movies that much anymore because we hate the experience now. We usually wait for movies to come out on DVD and watch them at home.

Sometimes we forget why we hate the movie theatre/multiplex experience and decide to go...as we did last night. The Mister, The Stepson and me all went to see "Knocked Up", which is quite funny.

The theatre was sparse, so when the tapping on the back of my seat started, I was surprised...because if the theatre is practically empty, and you want to kick the seat in front of you for the whole movie....why the hell would you sit behind the only other people in the first 16 rows?

I turned around and glared at her.
She stopped.
Then her boyfriend showed up from the concession stand and sat down.
The trailers started, and so did the talking from behind us.
Loud talking.

"HUH HUH HUH, I wanna see that movie, blah blah blah"
Then a higher pitched: "Blahblah blah bleah blahblah"

Repeat.

The Mister turned to me and said: "Where do you want to move to?"

I got up and we moved, and then I went to the concession stand where I paid 5 bucks for 1/2 of a bag of microwave popcorn I could have made fresh at home for fifty cents.
I had to listen to some broad lecture the kid working behind the counter about the prices.
"What a bunch of rip off artists you guys are..." she says.

Yeah.
Because the 17 year old behind the counter has a lot of say in the pricing of the concessions.

People in large venues suck.

....and that's why we don't go to the movies at the theatre anymore.