Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sunday Click Around

Happy Canada Day!

I burned a lot of time looking at Vintage Photographs. I went back to the archives and loved looking at random photos mixed in with the blogger's vintage family photos.

Here is my absolute favourite scene in Bure Baruta (Cabaret Balkan). Too bad it's in Italian.

I like MIA. I find her blend of West and East Indian beats interesting...although her website is eye scorching, she's got a distinctly 80's feel for me, and for some reason (unknown) she reminds me of Neneh Cherry. Don't ask me why. Here's some classic Neneh 80's goodness.
Speaking of 80's goodness, here's Milli Vanilli too.

The classic question: How come there aren't many black girls in the "Girls Gone Wild" videos? This might be your answer.

Ever wonder what famous people did before they got famous? They weren't all waiters and waitresses. Here is the Forbes list.

Want to see interviews with prostitutes? JohnTV has some for you. Just say "no" to crack.

Recently, I was pissed about a moron who parked his/her car like an idiot in the parking lot at work and took up 2 spots and made it virtually impossible to park in a third. I wasn't able to park in the lot because 3 spots were taken up by a turd that most certainly doesn't work there since no one in the building would park like that. I wrote a long note about what a fucking idiot they were and informed them that I had taken their plate number down and if I got a ticket because I was forced to park on the street, I would take them to court to pay it. That's why I found passiveaggressivenotes.com amusing.
Here are some politically incorrect e-cards. They're pretty great.

I like the pictures on this site.

Here's a pretty amazing video of the recent Tornado in Manitoba.

Scary 60's fashion.
More 60's fashion. You'll notice that nothing is really "new".

Germans are funky. LOL.

Dancing traffic cops made me laugh.

A very strange condom commercial.

For my former YU friends, here are some jokes, and some Gangsta Rap.

I'm wondering if this is for real, because it's ridiculous.

I am attracted to, and fascinated by mental illness and people's personal life stories. The Lives They Left Behind is a site that gives us a peek into The Willard Psychiatric Hospital in New York. Apparently, when they closed the hospital, they found many suitcases in the attic with the possessions of patients intact. It's an intriguing look into the lives of people who lost their freedom to an institution and mental illness.
Sad and gripping at the same time. Thanks to Cynical-C for that.

In the spirit of Colonel Angus, here's "It's good to have a big deck".




That's it, kids....