Thursday, October 16, 2008

I haven't seen Lakeview Terrace, and I really wasn't planning to, until now.

I read this review from Racialicious, and decided that I have to rent it when it comes out on DVD.
I have to see it because it's made the reviewer so angry.
I don't really understand why there cannot be any evidence of black on white racism depicted in movies. How dare filmmakers show this?
Ditto on psychological thrillers with psychos who are not white...ok, Arabs and Eastern Europeans have always been ok with Hollywood as crazies, to suit whatever propaganda is needed at the time.

An interracial couple whose neighbours might not approve of their relationship?
How could that possibly exist in this day and age?....much less a racial minority who feels that way...and problems in a marriage? No way?!? Really?
This can only be perceived as a diabolical conspiracy by "the man" to make black women look bad on the whole...not just characters in a movie.

The movie might actually be crap...but, until I read that review, I wasn't going to bother.