Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sunday Click Around

My father's sister was not so much a beautiful woman, as a sexy woman. She was sexy well into her 50's. There are some women who manage that, along with a serious dose of beauty...like Sophia Loren. I found the photo on your left at Close Enough: Photography of David Seymour.
Other great photos too.

As much as the subject matter makes me cringe, but women will be like that for a man, until the shoe is on the other foot....I'm hooked on this song by Lady Saw.

I found the title "Geto Riba" irresistible. Translation; "Ghetto Fish", "fish" being slang for "chicks" in Serbo-Croatian (hahahah...some people hate that definition of language, but I'm Former YU).

I'm posting this again too, because it's frickin' brilliant.

20 Most Amazing Coincidences.

"Their conversation, told in their 30-minute film, stemmed from the Feb. 23 beating of beloved longtime Germantown High School teacher Frank Burd. The math teacher confiscated an iPod from one of his 11th-grade students who'd ignored repeated requests to turn it down. After class the student demanded it back, a ninth-grader joined his case, and Burd ended up on the hallway floor with a broken neck that left him in critical condition."
...although, some of the students seemed to use the platform to justify what happened by playing the race card. It's sad, crippling, and isolating and won't help change anything.

Guys and Dolls is another documentary on The Real Doll (NSFW). I find the men interviewed incredibly sad, and strange. Talking about the dolls and referring to their "relationships" with them. Socially damaged individuals who have given up on real people.

Recently, I was talking to someone who was misinformed about Croatia's participation in the Nazi Movement. Here is a little doc. on Jasenovac called Jasenovac 1945.
I know that it's an uncomfortable piece of history, but it's a fact...unlike a lot of shit that has been spewed about Serbs over the past decade. I can only be thankful that my grandfather ended up in Dachau and not Jasenovac, because if he had, I would never have known him.

Boring CBC Documentaries...because they're really, really boring.

Miss Jamaica: What She Say? So wrong, but so funny anyway. I love how Miss Zimbabwe is a blonde, white chick.

Here are some helpful drawing techniques, if you're interested.

Gypsies LUVS their gold.

Josephine Baker is a fascinating character to me. A maverick in many ways. Here is J'ai deux amours from her.

I got a headache listening to The Fastest Talking Woman. I'm so thankful that I don't work with her.

Forgotten Serbs: Mileva Maric (Einstein's first wife) and Nikola Tesla.

And last but not least:
I did love the Brecker Brothers. I didn't know that Michael Brecker had died. :(
A Tribute to Michael Brecker.