Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday Click Around

The painting to your left is by Rob Croxford, and is owned by me. Rob is going to be part of the Queen Street West Art Crawl September 15th and 16th. He'll be in Section Blue 2, booth 181 if you're interested in seeing more of his fabulous stuff.

Here are some roller coaster faces.

Accents are funny. They are..that's why this phonejack is funny.

Eating disorders are not funny. Here is an open letter to Mental Nurse about a woman's connection to her eating disorder. It's not just about body image...this is a sad open letter about a woman's desperate attempt to take control of her life.

Michael Rappaport's monologue about beautiful girls from the movie "Beautiful Girls".

"Prisoners of War Alliance has asked the Motion Picture Association of America to revoke the Oscar awarded to a Bosnian Muslim film maker Danis Tanovic who's film No Man's Land, according to the allegations, shows Serb victims as Muslims victimized by Serb violence."
Thanks to Anna from Blackbird.

Remember the 80's?
Let's start with80's hair. Big, teased and stiff with hair products....and then there's this little fashion show hosted by Mr. T. I'm sure that the people in that video will now deny any knowledge of it.

On to some of the music, and not always mainstream music either. I saw The Selecter at The Palais Royale during a big bash that included Third World in my teens.
Remember Kid Creole and The Coconuts? Zoot suits, wing tips, pencil mustaches and fedoras all the way!
Then there was Keith Sweat, Johnny Gill, Al B. Sure, Salt n' Pepa...oh, I could go on and on...but I think I'm done for now. Feel free to lead me to your own 80's goodness in the comments.

Who says white guys can't wine?

The other day, I heard a girl refer to the song "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" as a song written by Amy Winehouse. I think that The Shirelles might take offense to that...and just for the record, Amy does a cover of The Specials "Monkey Man", which was also a cover of the original by Toots and The Maytals....eh, but does anyone really pay attention anymore?

Speaking of The Specials, I always did love "A Message to You Rudy".

Some people make the best of a bad situation. Here are some funny mugshots.

Here are 9 words women use. Whatever.

My Drag Queen name is Ophelia Cox. What's yours?

10 Stars You Won't Believe Aren't Gay.

I think that's it.