Sunday, November 09, 2008



I'm always fascinated by pictures of people.
I don't need to know them.

Photographer Richard Renaldi did a whole series where he asked strangers to pose together, and asked them to touch for the photo. The series is called Touching Strangers, as well as another interesting series called Bus Travelers (has no strangers touching).


In this interview with Renaldi he says:

"In thinking more about how I would approach the project, I decided I wanted the images to explore how notions of trust, love, social conventions, and taboos are expressed through body language. After that it was really just getting up the courage to actually go out and do it."


It's very true that a photo can tell a thousand words, some true, and some we just make up.

(Found and scoffed from Uncertain Times)