Friday, September 22, 2006


"In your life expect some trouble,
when you worry you make it double.
Dont worry...be happy"


I've been having a mentally fatiguing time of it recently.
Really busy at work, and just for good measure, I enrolled myself in a certificate course in accounting at Humber College.

It's significantly more intense than I anticipated.
In case you were wondering, accounting textbooks are a sleep inducing read.

Anyhow, I've been feeling overwhelmed of late, and when my important government visitor posponed her appointment with me this morning, I was pissed.

Pissed because I just want to get it over with.
Pissed because she rushed me to finish the 60fuckingpagedocument only to have it's submission postponed indefinitely.

So, I needed to see what I saw this morning.

There is construction at a certain west end corner, and it's slowing down left turns in front of a large high school.
I was in line for that left turn this morning.
In front of this high school are benches, and this morning there was a group of mentally challenged adults waiting for something, sitting on those benches.

I looked over to see one of them running back and forth from one of the large planters, to the street.
When he'd get to the curb, he'd smile a big, joyous smile and wave to drivers, and then he'd run back to the end of the planter, and repeat the process.

He was lovely.

I couldn't help but smile.
I couldn't help but wave, and I know he had the same effect on other drivers too.
I saw them.