Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hey, Neighbour!

Today as I turned the corner on my way to work, I noticed this Hatfield/McCoy thing going on.
I found it funny enough to stop and take a picture.
It makes me wonder what the issue is.
Is it snow shovelling?
Is it leaf raking?
Is it dog shit?
Is it the LINE OF DEATH?
What the hell is it?


They share a driveway...ummmm, it's not like it's a sound barrier, or a wall.
I fail to see the point.
When making your way to the backyard, do you have to keep your back against the wall?
That's a pretty tight walk.

If I lived next door, I would feel compelled to tap my toe over the line regularly...something like..."neener, neener, neeeeener...I'm touching your side".
I guess it's because it evokes the childish side of me...because, well....it's childish to paint a hyper yellow line down the center of the drive...

I'm glad that we have good relationships with our immediate neighbours.
If it snows and we have the time, we shovel both sides of the driveway...sometimes they do...sometimes we do it together. No biggie.
On the other side, The Mister usually mows the lawn for our neighbour Pardeep as well.
Ok, that's because The Mister is the grass Nazi and likes the grass to have a mow pattern on it, and he knows how to fertilize and all that.
And Pardeep doesn't mind...and neither does his son that lives at home.
But, over the decade that we've lived in our house, we've been blessed with good neighbours.

Lucky us.