Friday, November 10, 2006

I Had a Moment With a Stranger...

Today was an extremely frustrating day for me...between the computer crash yesterday, and driving around like a moron picking things up for work.
I haven't been out and about much this week.
Just in and out of my car.

Work..home...work...home...
I kept saying that the minute I saw a Veteran, I would stop and buy a poppy.


When I saw the stately looking Veteran in full uniform, with all his medals by the front door of Canadian Tire, I walked straight to him.
We smiled at each other and I said, "I've been waiting to see you, I've been wanting to buy a new poppy all week".

"Well, here I am..." he said.

I dropped a 5 in his box, and went to take the poppy from him.
"May I pin it on you?", he asked.
"I'd be honoured", said I.

He pinned it onto the collar of my shirt, and said "Thank you".
"No, thank you" I said.

"Don't forget to stop at 11 tomorrow, and remember", he said.

I promise.
I won't forget.