Sunday, May 13, 2007

Let Me Ask You This...

Why do men think that BBQing takes less work than cooking inside the house?
I mean, it's only the cooking process, it's not as though you're only eating what's on the grill.

I've announced that during the showings of this house, I will not be cooking. I don't want to have to clean and put away the entire functional bits of the kitchen every time I make a meal...much to The Misters chagrin.

He said, "We'll just BBQ" as though BBQing only involves the grill.
What about the marinade?
The side dishes?
The washing of the dishes?
(We'll use paper plates and utinsils)
So?
What about the serving dishes and all the prep work for the above?

This should be immediately recognizable to The Mister since he uses all the pots and pans we own to make one side dish when he cooks.

I just don't get it.

Mind you...I love the fact that he would rather my cooking, than eat out.

That doesn't change the fact that I'll enjoy the break.