Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Night Moves

Back in the late 80's, when I was in school, I used to bartend on weekends in an uptown club in an area of Toronto dubbed Yonge and Eligible.

When I'd get home at about 3 or 4am I wouldn't be able to sleep.
Back then, without TV on demand, DVD's or satellite, I was left with television in the background while I wrote, or made collages, or drew until I got tired and fell asleep.

A staple on these nights was either The All Night Show with Chuck the Security Guard or a hypnotizing camera ride through Toronto at night called Night Moves to music.
Kind of eerie, and kind of cool, Night Moves glided me through the city while most people were sleeping.

Rather strange, but soothing.

I racked my brains trying to find footage of Night Moves online, and finally found a few clips on YouTube.









Take a ride through Toronto, way back when to some Jazz.