Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sunday Click Around.

Durga Puja Series by Dr. Vivik. Some great shots there.

A little while ago, I revisited some music by Bijelo Dugme. Here is Sve Ce To O Mila Moja Prekriti Ruzmarin I Sas, and Uspavanka za Radmilu M...I was searching for Kad Zaboravis Juli....but all I could find was this version by a tribute band. It doesn't do it justice, since BD often used entire orchestras...and the song I'm talking about tears your heart with strings.

The photo is part of Photographer Carl Warner's series of photos called "Foodscapes" where everything was made entirely out of food. I particularly like the mountains made made from loaves of Italian bread.

Internet attention grabbing is a non-stop business. Here are Baby Toupees...funny and cute at the same time.

Dancing with The Godfather of Soul...James Brown teaches you some dance steps.

Ok...so on New Year's Day, I couldn't sleep...and watched La Vie En Rose, Edith Piaf's life story. I read her biography a million years ago...and I really enjoyed the movie. It sent me on a bit of a search for her music. Here is Padam, Padam, and a Quand même from 1935, as well as Sophie. My favourite Piaf song: La Vie En Rose...Here is an interview with Edith..it looks like the 1960's...there's something about Edith's eyes in that interview, world weary and yet vulnerable.

A baby was born in a McDonald’s restroom in Vancouver, Washington, and the mother didn’t even know she was pregnant. How does this happen?

Now, this is the kind of "art installment" I can get behind.

Run to Old is another one of those animations reminding us how fleeting life is.

Ok...now, if you travel...this will totally gross you out and encourage you to walk with your own sanitizer.

Vinyl Sleeve Heads is pretty good.

World’s Heaviest Woman that Underwent Gastric Bypass Surgery Died. In the comment section, someone referred to an illness that plagues people who get that huge, but couldn't remember what it was called.
It's called Prader Willi Syndrome, and I've posted a documentary about it before...here is the heartbreaking documentary in full again.

Ok.
That's all.