Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Complaints

The Mister has always marvelled at the comfort level complete strangers have in telling me their personal problems and complaints.
Sometimes I marvel too.
People in line at the grocery store, the bank or any other place where you're forced to wait with people you don't know, will tell me things, I really have no business knowing.

This morning, I took my car in for semi-annual servicing.
When I went up to the cashier to pay my bill, she casually mentioned to "watch" something that I had mentioned to the service people, and to bring my car back if I notice it again.

She then called over my head and waved mail to some employee that was going into an office.
She then rolled her eyes and shook her head and said "I HATE THAT!".
"What? The fact that she ignored you" said I, with a chuckle..."Yeah! See her? She's going to get a gas chit. I ran errands all last week and did I get a gas chit? No. I. Did. Not."
She went on to complain about the number of hours that she's worked and not been paid for, and how some people get treated "special" while others break their backs for nothing in return. How that b-i-t-c-h gets away with murder, and God only knows why....I mean look at her...she can't even cover those roots. I don't see what the big deal is about her.

She was my instant best friend...until her Boss came around the corner.