Friday, January 19, 2007

I read that Shawn Hornbeck & Ben Ownby, and their families will be interviewed by Oprah on Thursday.

Is this responsible?

I'm assuming that perhaps the parents need money or something.
I fail to understand why we need to interview them or the teens about their ordeal. The public has questions because apparently, the children had access to e-mail, and telephone..so, the excuse is that people are starting to "blame the victim".

"The boy's parents told Ms. Winfrey they have not asked their son what happened on the advice of child advocacy experts, but are convinced their son did not contact them out of fear for his life, theirs or other members of their family"
So, what's going to happen?
If child advocacy experts have recommended that they not ask the children questions about what happened, why are you taking the kids on a national talk show that is famous for revelations?
Is he going to spill the beans on Oprah?

I dunno.
Hasn't he only been home a week or two?
Am I being overly critical when I say that I think this is an irresponsible move on the part of his parents?