Monday, January 01, 2007

Stupid is as Stupid Does.

Ok, when I heard that the city was installing closed-circuit television cameras on Yonge Street between Queen and Gerrard Streets, I laughed a little.
Fair warning..."Ok, all you little gangbangers...you'll just have to take your retaliation shoot outs either north of Gerrard or south of Queen..."

I didn't think that someone would actually get caught on film shooting anyone, because while I'm fully convinced that the guys that do the shooting are not candidates for NASA, I didn't think they were full blown idiots either.

Apparently, they don't read the newspapers or listen to the radio because this whole camera thing has been a big debate in recent months..the whole privacy thing...which is a load of crap if you ask me.
If you're out in public, there is no such thing as privacy, the word "public" being the giveaway that you have no privacy ...so, I'm actually all for cameras on the streets, especially in this city where crime and shootings happen, and witnesses are mute.

I don't know who decides on stupid city planning ideas like Dundas Square, and then are shocked and appalled when there is increased violence.
Hmmmm, let's see...let's put an open space with benches and shit, across from the biggest downtown mall, and hangout for teens from all over the GTA...BRILLIANT!!!

Cameras in public places...bring 'em on, I say...