Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Girls Behaving Badly



Ok, given my soft spot for Northern Soul and Jazz, Amy Winehouse fits the bill...but then, when I looked her up on Wiki, it turns out that she's got...um...issues.

However, when I read this:

"Winehouse made multiple appearances in the British tabloids over alleged alcohol-induced behaviour. This included a 'drunken' appearance on The Charlotte Church Show (which appeared on YouTube), heckling U2 frontman Bono during an acceptance speech at the Q Awards"


I laughed, and laughed...if anyone can find that video for me, I'd appreciate it. The thought of seeing smug, self-righteous Bono having to deal with being heckled by a drunk newcomer makes me feel, and express joyful mirth.


Then, I read this quote:

Winehouse has a number of "old school" tattoos of naked women on her body. When asked about them, she was quoted as saying “I like pin-up girls. I’m more of a boy than a girl. I’m not a lesbian, though — not before a sambuca anyway."


It's official.
I love her.