Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday Click-Around

Can we talk about how disconcerting it is to lose an hour? As though I don't already feel like there aren't enough hours in the day....However, it'll be wonderful to have light late into the day again. YAY, spring is on it's way.

The photo to the left is from portraits.org. It looks like a compilation of portraits from various Photographers. I'm not really interested in the fashion photography (which there is plenty of), I'm more fond of the photos of children and interesting faces. The site is heavy on the model end though, so I'm sure that lots of guys will like it anyway, but for us women, looking at photo after photo of beautiful women is akin to straight guys looking at photo after photo of buff, good looking men. 

Here's another site with 158 great photos.

I'm not all that knowledgable about meth. I know that meth labs have been popping up in residential areas, and that they damage property, and put people in danger that is not covered by insurance.
I know that it ruins people's lives like most drugs do...but, this article on The Faces of Meth, is scary...then, just for good measure, read this article from The NY Times about one family's experience with their son who is addicted to meth.

If you've ever thought that those who've said "people should require a license to have children" were fascist and going too far, this site will bring you onboard with those of us who don't think licensed parenting is such a bad idea.  
There are individuals who have no right to even be able to pro-create.
I'm not sorry for them because they were abused, and that's why they do what they do, and we should feel empathy for them, and pay for their counselling.. blah, blah, blah...
There are plenty of people who were abused by their parents who didn't grow up to be monsters. This website is a horrific compilation of why there should be some sort of law in place to stop some people from having children.  For someone who kills their own child in a horrific manner, I'm not adverse to sterilization...hell, I'm not adverse to the death penalty.

I used to love Pingu.
The Eastern European in me got a kick out of Communist Pingu.

Bollywood Beatles (YouTube to your right) that I got from Cynical-C gave me quite the giggle. That spastic dancing chick in the video was about four decades ahead of beyonce in the booty department.

Apparently, over March Break the Toronto Zoo is having a bug exhibit, starring the hissing cockroach of Madagascar. They've done all these little cute videos with these cockroaches...but, hey...they're still cockroaches...I must say though, the accent they gave the star is pretty cute. The accent they gave his buddy saying good-bye is some sort of west indian mix, which is a little disappointing.

Here's a little video of some Guyanese guys catching hassa fish and peeling coconut that The Mister got a kick out of. For those of you who have never seen hassa fish, it looks like some sort of Klingon delicacy. From this video, they're pretty slippery to catch too.

Devvo's Corner is a collection of mini-documentaries on the life of a Chav.

For those of you who are Russell Peters fans, here's "Show Me the Funny", the entire show..it's about 45 minutes long.

Where you from? You sexy thing.


Ok, I think that's it for now...

P.S.: This new and frustrating version of blogger might force me to move. I'm really starting to hate it.