Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sunday, Almost Monday
Click Around.


Recently, on a whim...I bought a Rat Pack CD. I'm too young to remember them performing, but if I was to find one famous person that looked like my father, it would be Dean Martin. And my father loved him. Listening to the CD, I realize that they were pretty racy. Here's Dean singing "Ain't That a Kick in the Head".
Here's "The Rat Pack in One Minute". From the same era, here is Shirley MacLaine in "Sweet Charity", and Jack Lemmon in "The Out of Towners".

Here are some vintage drug ads that are pretty scary.

I caught this kid on YouTube and laughed my ass off. I'm certain that this isn't an actual meltdown, but a perfect parody of self-absorbed youth who put themselves in stupid positions and then cry about how they're made fun of and not accepted.

Here is a beautiful photo essay on Iran, and another on China.

The Mister and me will be travelling to Cadiz, Spain in June, and we're both very excited. Neither of us has ever been to Spain, and look forward to a couple of nights in Madrid, and a day trip to Morocco and perhaps even Portugal. We're told by friends that The Mister will be looked upon with much interest in Cadiz...so, he's decided that he'll have to brush up on his smiling and waving skills. Either way, we're really looking forward to this trip to a place neither of us has been before with old friends of mine that I love who know their way around, since one is from Cadiz. Can it get any better than that? I think not.

Jigsawland lets you do puzzles online, if you like that kind of thing.



Make your own tombstone at Make Your Own Damn Tombstone.

I recently read that Marianne Faithfull was recovering from breast cancer. I remember her best for "The Ballad of Lucy Jordan" during the days that I loved Chryssie Hynde, and The Clash, and The Specials, and Madness, and Third World...and Truths and Rights where my old friend Rudi "Quammie" Williams (He's the bald one in the middle)  got his start. I'm proud to say that Rudi is running The Theatre Passe Muraille now ...damn, I'm so proud of him...Oh, I could go on and on.

Anyhow, I love the art of Mehndi, and here is a great link to The Art of Mehndi.

Here's a great link to Iraqi police"gettin' jiggy wid it".

I watched this "Cyber Lovah" video and couldn't help but think of this In Living Color parody of Shabba Ranks "Mr. Lover Man".

Ok, kids...that's it.