Saturday, May 14, 2005



If you’re driving along the highway during rush hour and you look over to the car next to you and the woman in the car is crying, not sobbing, but you can see that the hot tears are streaming down her face.
Does your heart soften?
Do you wonder what could have happened to make her weep?
Do you wish that you could stop and comfort her?
Blanche DuBois might have had a point when she said that she could depend upon the kindness of strangers.
Strangers don’t have a connection to you.
You can tell them things that you couldn’t tell someone in your life circle.

When I looked over, my heart was full for her.
I don’t know her…
But, I have been her.
I am her.

I don’t know about you, but my car is sometimes my sanctuary.
It’s a place where I am alone with my thoughts, fears and insecurities.
It’s a place where I talk to myself in my head.
Sort things out, sometimes unpleasant things.
Sometimes I pray, and talk to God.
Beg for guidance…because this is truly a shitty place....and we all have hopes and wishes.

But, as the old adage says:
"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"