Thursday, July 07, 2005

Go Ahead and Cry...You'll Pee Less.


I grew up with the phrase.
I had it engraved to carry on my keychain to remind me.

I heard this phrase so many times while I was growing up, that if I had a quarter for every time I heard it, I would be lying on a beach in the Caribbean with The Mister...and we would be retired and livin' large.

This phrase reminds me that I have to keep moving.

It reminds me to not feel sorry for myself for too long.
It means so many things to me.
It means that life moves on.
Something horrible happened to you?
The sun still rises in the morning and sets at night.
The world keeps spinning.
People still get up and go to work in the morning.

Smile and the world smiles with you...cry and you cry alone.

Ok..so you don't cry alone at first, but eventually you will if you keep on fucking crying.

I know that when you first read "Go ahead and cry..", it sounds funny,
and it is...
but it's also profound.