Friday, September 08, 2006

"Daddy don't you walk so fast..."

Today, I've had the fifth parent in 3 months announce that she and her spouse are separating.
It's an epidemic.
It's none of my business, but this last one kind of got me down.
She told me that her oldest son is very angry about it, and specifically angry at her.

I reminded her that children don't care if their parents are happy together or not.
They just want them together.
I know adults who don't care if their parents are happy or not, they just want them together.

It just makes me so sad, to see this many marriages falling apart, so close together.
So many children who will have to go through the emotional turmoil of watching their parents break apart.

Ladies, please...if you see that your relationship isn't going well, and you're having problems, don't have that last kid.
Don't do it.
It won't save your marriage.

Really it won't.

Photo by one of my favourite Photographers: Diane Arbus