Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Two Things, This Cold Morning...

Was reading this article about Jerome Almon, who is a Rap Singer, who says that he was harassed by Customs Officers at the border.

I'm not arguing with him, really...we've been harassed too. Asked ridiculous questions, held up, looked at "funny", condescended to, subtly insulted.

There's no doubt that some of those Customs people have Napoleon complexes.

I would always suggest keeping your attitude and tone respectful, no matter what they ask or say. It's been the times that irritation creeps through that has caused us delay.

Forgive me if I laughed when I read Jerome, (the owner of Murdercap Records), comparing himself to Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King.
I always find it humourous when people who yell obscenities to sampled music compare themselves to respected civil rights pioneers who changed a nation.

Then I read the comments on that article, and I cringed. Whoa people, I'm not a big 'Gangsta Rap' fan either, but there are some pretty hateful stereotypes being thrown around in those comments.


And, didn't we already ban Squeegie Kids a few years ago?
"Banning squeegee people from begging on public roadways violates their freedom of expression".
Really?
I think it's safer for them to "express" their requests for money on the sidewalks.

That's all for now...

Oh, and by the by...Hey you!
Yeah, you...Birkenstock wearing Champion of the Environment; I'll listen to you about perfume when I can stand within three feet of you and not think of a field of goats.

I now return you to your jobs...