Wednesday, June 25, 2008


(Get Sulky)

When I was a little girl, my Dad used to take me to the Racetrack.

I LOVE the Racetrack.
For a lot of reasons, but mostly for the characters.
It's easy to get caught up in the adrenaline rush of betting and watching the race.

I've been trying to talk The Mister into going with me (to no avail)...I even secretly tried to get my sister-in-law to agree to have her Jack and Jill at Woodbine Racetrack when she was planning her wedding...(foiled again...)

Get Sulky got me laughing with this little observation:

"...congratulations – I’m glad to hear you’re serious about taking up harness racing. You sound like you’ve got most of the essentials in place, and you’re sharp enough not to underestimate the power of a good moustache. While it might be a bit of a stretch to say the moustache makes the driver, it certainly goes a long way to give a new driver a seasoned, authentic appearance. And plus, chicks dig the lip tickler. "


This is something that is true, and often overlooked:



My father, being the smooth operator he was, sported "The Hollywood"...my Grandfather wore "The Dictator", and my Uncle still subscribes to "The Chief" off and on...

P.S.: There's a nifty little game you can get addicted to if you care to sign up.