Monday, December 08, 2008

Interview Hell

I'm interviewing again, and to say pickin's is slim, would be an understatement.

I hate this process with the heat of a thousand suns.
It's like The first few rounds of American Idol, only without the comedy.

I've only just begun screening candidates and here are two MORON experiences I've had, almost back to back.

One woman wanted to know if it was ok to bring her kid to the interview.

I shit you not.

Another asked about the hours of the full time position in question, and then proceeded to tell me that it conflicted with the courses she signed up for in January...and then she "uhm-ed" and "ehm-ed", like I was supposed to help accommodate her by changing the hours of the position, or something...I'm not sure what she was expecting...but I said, "Well, I guess a full time position conflicts with your schedule...tell me, why did you even apply?"

"...oh, I wasn't sure if I was going to go back to school in January..."

I only got her resume 36 hours ago...

Jesus...this is going to suck.