Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sunday click around, and some other stuff...

Listen, I'm not sure what ????? ?????? is, other than a collection of photos by some Russian guy (judging from the number of photos of naked chicks) but, it's kind of interesting, in a kind of "I don't know what he's on about.." way.

I found this collection of boner parking skills which is kind of amusing.

And then, yesterday...while me and The Mister were out and about...I looked across the room and our eyes locked. I knew that we had to be together...The Mister rolled his eyes...but we were meant to be together.

And last but not least...I am an avid new recipe trier (if that's a word).
On occasion I will be sharing this experience with you. Often, recipes I try, tank.
That's because many people who publish recipe books obviously suck at cooking, and only
think they can cook. The recipes are hit and miss and there are very few reliable sources. One reliable source for good recipes is LCBO Food & Drink Magazine (I've posted the link before), and another is Canadian Living.
So, every so often, I will photograph a newly tried recipe and fill you in on whether it worked or not and why.

The following is last nights try from some old Good Housekeeping recipe book I've had since The Mister and I got serious, and I realized I was going to have to expand my horizons in the area of cooking if we both weren't going to die of culinary boredom.
I was attracted to the name: "Spicy Pepper Cookies", and they turned out pretty well.
Only next time I'll add pecans or walnuts.
If you like Biscotti, and you like ginger cookies, you'll like these.
They're bite sized, and cute.

Spicy Pepper Cookies

1 3/4 cups of flour, 1 cup packed light brown sugar, 1/2 stick butter (4 tbsp), 1 large egg, 1/4 teaspoon each of: baking soda, cinnamon, ground cloves, ground ginger, white pepper. Preheat oven to 375F, combine ingredients and with mixer at low speed, beat ingredients until well blended.

The mixture will be crumbly; add 3 tsps of water and with your hands kneed until the mixture holds together. Yes. That's right, I wear gloves while I'm handling food.

Shape dough into a ball, and then using measuring spoon, pinch off 1/2 tsp at a time and roll into ball, placing 1/2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for about 7 minutes or until cookies are a little golden. Let them cool on the sheets and store in an airtight container.