Monday, October 29, 2007

Riddle Me This

I am a cynic for many reasons.
If I have a 50/50 chance of things going easily...generally, chance takes the other 50.
So, when in a hurry I'm never surprised that my route usually takes on Police Training video proportions.

Garbage trucks, and cement mixers appear out
of nowhere. Little old ladies with disabilities and
shopping carts teeter out in front of me. Parades I didn't know about block the intersection I need to get across...you get the picture...

This morning was no exception since I was running late, and in a hurry that I would be driving behind someone who was touring the city at his leisure.
So, there I was stuck behind a Cavalier (the irony didn't escape me) getting off the Gardiner at Dunn.
My boy was leading a convoy off the highway, going 20 in a 40, and stopping for a full 50 seconds at every stop sign, with no traffic going in any direction except piling up behind him.

Imagine my surprise when we got to Queen Street and he proceeded to attempt to mow down about five pedestrians while making a right turn.

If you're going to take qualudes, keep your ass at home on the couch.