Wednesday, August 30, 2006


In the article they make a comparison to a man who shot his estranged wife and mother back in 2003.
I suspect that this case is not the same.
I imagine what it's like to see the person you love suffer.
And to suffer knowing what life would be without them.
You're 80 years old, and you've lived most of your life with a person that you love.
You're gripped with grief.
They're going to a long term care facility, which means that they're going to be kept alive to die.
There have been many cases like this, and I choke when I read about them.

Murder/suicide.

A few years ago I was driving to work and heard a news report about an elderly Downsview couple. The wife had been diagnosed with a terminal illness and the two of them chose suicide over the suffering of one, before death and the lonliness of the other without them.

Is it totally bizarre of me to understand and to sympathize?