Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunday Click Around

I've posted Bobby Neel Adams photos before, but I happened accross his site again, and found it worth mentioning again. His age photos are haunting...and his couples photos are interesting to look at.

I've posted this before, but in the light of Kurt Vonnegut's death, I thought that I'd post it again. Wear Sunscreen or Sunscreen Speech is an essay actually called "Advice, like youth, probably just wasted on the young" written by Mary Schmich, published in the Chicago Tribune in 1997. It became an urban legend, that it was an MIT commencement speech given by Kurt Vonnegut. However, given the cadence of the speech, it's totally believeable that it was Kurt.

Here is an August 2006 interview in Second Life with Kurt. His avatar is young looking, his voice is old and tired...but the reason I'm posting it is because Kurt was getting such a kick out of the circumstances. Being interviewed in a virtual world obviously tickled him. I loved him, and I'm particularly fond of his short stories.
I was really sad to hear of his passing.

And then I'm reminded: You're Going to Die.

Since we're on on this maudlin, sad roll...here is a brother/sister love commercial. Cancer awareness. Break out the tissues.

"Mammatus Clouds, or "breast-clouds", are fascinating formations in the sky, made mostly from the cumulus cloud base. Although they are not a sign that a tornado is about to form, they often accompany tornado-producing storms, or even may be direct byproduct of tornado activity - an aftermath of severe thunderstorms. Thanks to the exclusive permission of Jorn Olsen, here are some weird mammatus shots:" Friggin' amazing.

Ever wonder where the names of companies come from? Here are a few answers from Forty-Business Blog

You know that stereotype of subserviant Asian women? You know it's bullshit, right?
Here's proof.

I'm always looking for kitchen tips to cut my prep time, because I'm an overachiever that way.
Here's a quirky collection that I thought was kind of fun. I already use some of the tips. These tip things don't always work, but #'s 6, 9,  and 19 work...and here's one from me...if you cut yourself in the kitchen, throw some black pepper on the cut. It'll stop the bleeding immediately and it's completely painless.

I'm still diggin on the old cartoons. Here's Rural Red Riding Hood.

Something that has always fascinated me is women who fall in love with men behind bars. I'm not talking about your boyfriend going to jail and you write to him...I'm talking about women who start a relationship with someone behind bars. Apparently, Scott Peterson (the guy who killed his wife and unborn child) gets tons of love letter mail. It's a mystery to me. This audio report talks about it.

Pimp my stroller!

For any Torontonian, skating at Nathan Phillips Square is a childhood memory. Nathan Phillips was a Mayor for awhile, and here's The Two Loves of Nathan Phillips.

Here's a PSA from Alex Borstein on those little soaps you get as gifts.

The Immigration Debate.

Think you're fat? Here's a rant that I found amusing.

Now it's stuck in your head, and you're bobbing it to the left.

Shemale or female. An oldie but a goodie quiz. I still suck at it.

That's it.