Thursday, June 15, 2006

Mama Sleep Talks

Mama goes to bed early, and gets up really early.
With the chickens, as they say.
She complains that I don't call her enough, but the reality is that I often don't get home until after 9:00pm, and she's in bed by then.
So, the other day I got home around 9:00pm and picked up a message from her. I settled myself in, and by that time it was 9:30pm...but I decided to give Mama a call anyway.
This is how it went:

Me: "Hi Ma. It's me."
Ma: "Eh?"
Me: "Did I wake you up?"
Ma: "Ya, bah eet's ok."
Me: "How are you doing?"
Ma: "Vat are yu doing mit dos shirts?"
Me: "What shirts?"
Ma: "Maaaaaah, da vans in da closet. Yu no gonna iron dem?"
Me: "Ok, Ma, You're sleeping...I'll call you tomorrow."
Ma: "Ver yu goink?"
Me: "I'm going to iron the shirts in the closet"
Ma: "Ok. Good. Don be so lazy."

Click.

Photo: Daily Blague