Thursday, July 27, 2006

Twats Next Door

This afternoon while puttering around the house, I heard that Steel Pulse was going to be at some festival here in the near future.
It's been a long time since I've heard anything about Steel Pulse, but I did like them a lot years ago, when reggae was...well, let's just say...different.

When The Mister and I lived in our second apartment together, our neighours were two young guys. They were roommates, and they partied. A lot.

We never knew their names, but they would on occasion knock on the door to borrow a blender, or screwdriver...or something...anyhow, when these two twats liked a song, they killed it.
They played it over, and over, and over.
One afternoon I heard "Wild Horses" by the Rolling Stones about 63 times...another time I heard Van Morrison's "Brown Eyed Girl" all afternoon, back to back...A song I always loved, but after that afternoon I never had the desire to hear it again.

Here is Steel Pulse's version of "Brown Eyed Girl", and can you believe it?
I heard it, and remembered the two gearheads that used to live next door to us.