Saturday, July 08, 2006

Winners Stock Girls Hate Their Customers.

I am not a shopper.
I don't enjoy browsing.
I usually have a good idea of what I'm looking for, and I try to get in and out as quickly as possible.
Don't get me wrong...I love clothes, and shoes/boots...I just don't have the patience to walk around shops aimlessly touching fabrics, comparing belts and dealing with the fitting room experience. One of the places I shop is Winners, for a couple of reasons...their clothing is easy to find. All skirts in one section, all jackets in another, all shoes minus a person who has to disappear for 10 minutes to get them. There used to be a great store called Labels here, that I absolutely loved...they not only organized things by section, but by colour and casual/business...which saved me time. Too bad they went under.

Anyhow, It doesn't matter which Winners I go to, the stock girls like to put their anti-theft devices in absurd places.
I imagine them all in the back of the store, bracelets tinkling, gum snapping, encouraging each other: "Ok Skyler, that's a bra...put that big ass anti theft device right next to the hooks, so the bitch can't do it up if she wants to try it on..." and "Oh..pants? Ok Kaitlyn,...stick the plastic thing right by the crotch at the zipper hahhahahah..." then they laugh and laugh, and go to Tim Hortons for coffee, to discuss uncomfortable places they can stick that shit, and then come back and do it.

Yesterday, I was looking for some sandals with a backstrap, and a dress with a salmon colour.


Regarder attentivement

It doesn't matter which outlet I go to, it's the same.
I think they have district meetings about it.
I've mentioned it to the women behind the counter, and they nod...but I think that they secretly give out Employee of the Month to the staff who can stick this thing in most innovatively uncomfortable place on the garment or shoe.

But, I'll put up with it, because if there's anything I hate more, it's being ripped off...and I'm not getting a pair of Steve Madden sandals for $29.99, or a Donna Karan jacket for 99 bucks anywhere else.

I hate shopping.