Friday, October 13, 2006

Life is like a movie...

The other night, I was in line to buy gas.
I had to back in to the bay, and wait for the empty vehicle's driver to get out of the way. It's amazing how 77.3 a litre can draw a crowd of people like they're giving it away for free...anyhow...

There I was.

Waiting.

A cab pulled up in front of me and stopped. A guy in his late 20's or early 30's ran out of the store/coffee shop/lottery ticket outlet/gas station, and looked straight at me, put his hand on the door handle and stopped.
He lifted his other hand slowly, and waved.
Slowly.
He was staring at me.
I was uncomfortable, but I smiled a polite smile.
He got into the cab, never taking his eyes off of me...
I'm looking at him like "ok, buddy...it's enough now...".
He was looking at me longingly.
Like a puppy.
As the cab pulled away, he slowly put his thumb to his ear, baby finger to his lips and mouthed "call me".

WTF?

Now, I really wonder who he thought I was.
What the story behind his reaction was.
Did he think I was an old girlfriend?
Did he think that we'd met somewhere before?

Then, this morning... I stopped at the bank, and there were two cars parked in the parking lot drivers side to drivers side. When I got out of my car, I noticed that there were people in both cars.
A black man in the red car, an Asian woman in the white car.
They had their windows open and were talking.
She was crying, and upset.
It was drama...but, you know...I had to keep moving...What do you think was happening there?

Really.
Sometimes life is like a movie.