Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sunday Click-Around

I've seen the photo on the left floating around the net for the past couple of weeks, but I first saw it on LiveJournal Images.
It's a site that collects the last 40 images that were uploaded to LiveJournal. Sometimes I just scroll through looking at pictures, and sometimes I find something interesting on the site that posted the picture I thought was interesting.

My Cubicle is a lament from an office worker who works in a cubicle farm. I haven't done that for a long time, but to be honest, I didn't hate it.
At least people more or less left me alone.
Now, it's my dream to be left alone to do my work.

To be honest, I can't remember where I found Nathaniel Welch's photos. But, I really like them.

I was thinking about The Flatiron Building here in Toronto, and how much smaller...but prettier it is than the New York Flatiron which got me looking for other Flatirons around the world.
I didn't spend a lot of time on it, but I'm confident that almost every large city that is older than 100 years in North America, has one. While I was looking at other Flatirons, I found The Greatest Hits of Architecture. It's a nifty little site with a lot of pictures of great buildings from around the world. It's worth looking at.

The Epiphany Project is right up my alley when it comes to Web "Projects".
I really enjoy reading other peoples thoughts. It's interesting to get insight into someone else's beliefs or feelings. I think most of us who have had to grown up have had a life changing epiphany at one time or another. I would love to read yours. Maybe then I'll tell you mine.

In the same vein is Take Note, where you can read notes that strangers have left online. For themselves and others. Sometimes it's helpful to throw a thought out there into the wild internet. A thought that you could never say out loud.

Here's an animated version of the old Farmer and The Donkey story. which reminds me a little of a story that Uja told me a long time ago about a man who tried to please everyone. Here's one version of that story.

Here's a site that appeals to my shallow side.
Gossip, celebrities, and just general stupidness about rich people.
There are very few magazines that I buy, one is Vanity Fair, because I just love the dirty stories of the rich, and Toronto Life...for local dirty stories about the rich.
Yeah.
I'm bitter.

Like Mama says: "Maney isn't everytink, but it mek da misery mach mor comfortable".

That's all.