Wednesday, March 05, 2008



I love photos.
I love photos of people.

Show me landscapes and I'll look at the photo for a moment, and I'll see the beauty in it...but, show me a photo of a person, and I can stare at it for a lot longer.
I find faces and photos of people together doing "life" infinitely fascinating.

I really enjoy the photos of Annie Leibovitz. She's one of the best things about Vanity Fair...(ok, besides the smut about the rich that I love so much).
Here are a bunch of her Vanity Fair covers.

Even though she does the fashion stuff...she also does the interesting portraits. The kind that Karsh did...and even on occasion into Diane Arbus territory.

I really liked her Alice in Wonderland Fashion Series because that's really what the world of models and designers looks like to me.

I could look at her photos all day long.