Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I Wish...

One of the comments on this post, prompted this reply.
I was going to reply to Just a Toy in my comments section, but there was just too much to say, and it made me think about a lot of other things.

His comment: "I think it's safe to assume that you feel strongly on the matter", made me think.
It's not the first time that someone has pointed this out to me.

It's true that often my blog is rife with rants about various things, and I suppose that in this climate of politically correct speech, it's often interpreted as "strong" or perhaps insensitive, or simplistic.

Truthfully, I've never been really adept at flowering things up, talking in circles and not really saying anything in order to appear neutral, or sensitive to all.
It's a trait that has cost me much in my politically correct field of choice.

It's been a liability to me.

Through years of being pounded down in my field of work, and I've learned to keep my mouth shut or choose my words very carefully in my world of business...even though sometimes my head feels like it's imploding.

Here on this blog, I can vent.

I imagine that many people who regularly read this blog think that I'm some crusty, pissed off broad in real life...but if you knew me in real life, you would be surprised.

I long to be someone who doesn't feel "strongly" about things.
Someone who didn't really care, and took things in my stride...didn't really have an opinion. I would have chosen a job that would have allowed me to just "do my thing" in my little office, and I would not have chosen to work in social services.

It would have made my life oh, so much easier.

But, in the end....I am what I am.