Monday, May 28, 2007

cnr

First, I don't know why, but when I try to post in Radmila's blog it won't let me put a title. You know I wanted to put something very clever and witty here as a title; it was going to be the funniest title you had ever scene and it would have gotten nominated for 'Best Blog Entry Title of the Universe' and then the whole world would bow before my Blog Entry Title Championship feet. But I guess it won't happen.

See, this is how life screws me.

Anyway....monday has already started off on the wrong foot because I've read the that Charles Nelson Reilly passed away. Can I tell you why I loved CNR (btw, that's what us real fans call him 'CNR' - we wear it on shirts and ball caps just as a little 'in' thing.).

I loved CNR because

1) He was just gay. He was one of the first people on television that I remember being gay. And he just did it with this sense of, 'I'm witty, I'm talented, I'm charming and oh yes I'm gay - deal with it.'. It seemed to allow the world to take a chill pill.

2) I loved Match Game and I loved the way the stars interacted - especially Charles. The way he was on that show made you think that there was always going to be a fabulous cocktail party back at his place after the show.

Click you here.

3) I loved his pipe. It reminded me of my uncle Wally.

Good bye CNR, I know you were more than game shows, but you always had the best 'blanks'.