Friday, May 18, 2007

So, while I was getting myself lunch this afternoon, I was in line behind an elderly Polish lady who was pricing everything, and seemed to be calculating her lunch to how much she had in her purse.

Some of you may remember the post I did back in December when I tried to buy an asshole a cup of coffee.

Well, today I tried it again with this elderly lady's lunch.
She seemed genuinely shocked, and then asked "Vai? Vai yu vant to pay for me?", and I said, "Because it's Friday before a long weekend, and it's a beautiful day, and why not?"
I put my hand on her shoulder, and smiled at her.

She asked "Vat nationality are yu?".
"Serbian", says I.
She then proceeded to tell me about all the Serbian people her husband used to work with in Mississauga when he was alive, and how we're good people.

So, not only did I get a chance to do what I set out to do without being insulted, but I got to represent.

Sweet.