Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunday Click Around

Hello!

It's my last click around before The Mister and me leave, and I must say it's great to visit my own blog and see posts already there!

I have to thank Cynical-C and Jacqueline again for taking over for me while I'm gone.

I love Square America because I love old photos of people. I could sift through old photos all day long and never get bored. I can look at a photo of strangers and build a whole life behind it.

Chocolate—A Minister's Daughter, is a great idea, and what she does looks pretty delicious and innovational, but is it wrong of me to wish she'd wear a hairnet and vinyl gloves?

People used to get mad at me when I said that I thought Billy Idol had the voice of a lounge singer...but a lot of those songs from the 80's could, and have been turned into lounge music. Damn, Paul Anka did a whole album turning what we thought was "cutting edge" into Vegas lounge music. Here's an Old Spice "Ahoy" commercial using "Hungry Life a Wolf". It just goes to show you that even the things you thought were "the coolest" will end up selling cars, GAP or Old Navy or diapers when your kids have kids (or sooner).

Ok, that last one made me think of Diana Ross.
Ever wonder why Diana Ross's kids all have the Ross last name? Is it because Miss. Ross is a control freak? Is it because she's an egomaniac?
No, it's because you can't keep up with which kid belongs to which man, and her last name hides the crossovers since the timelines often don't match the marriages or the husbands.

The Sopranos like vowels.

Ballroom dancing or Cha Cha and little kids, you have to love it.

I want to see this version of The Wizard of Oz.

Because we're a culture of excess and entrepreneureal pioneers, and have more money than sense...if you're getting a divorce, why don't you purchase a coffin for your wedding ring?
This will bring "closure" and help you "end cycle" on your complex emotional issues regarding the breakdown of your marriage. Duh.

I loved Etch-A-Sketch when I was a kid.
Here's an online version.

Dopplegangr is another one of those kind of mean humour sites like Hot or Not.

Aw, Shoot
Style Invitational contestants sent in their best photos featuring kitchen utensils and/or small household tools to The Washington Post.

The Top Ten Pioneers of Striptease.
Back in the day when women weighed more than a buck five.

TransformingLives.ca is a very powerful website bringing light to mental health issues. The personal stories are something everyone should watch.

Ok kids, that's it for now....