Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunday Click-Around

Feeling frisky?
Decode your name with the Sexy Name Decoder. Mine is Ravishing. Amorous. Dame...oh, I can't be bothered...you can do your own here.

I saw the article on Montreal Photographer Francois Brunelle and his Doppelganger project in The Globe a few weeks ago, but now I see that it's linked to all over the net. Go Francois!

Yesterday I mentioned Belinda and Peter, and the whole Dog-gate thing. While looking for headlines, I found an interesting, and (I feel) accurate little biography on Belinda Stronach at Enjoy Every Sandwich. If you're interested in a woman who is taking full advantage of her looks and money. I must say that while I'm not terribly fond of Belinda anymore...in the beginning I had hope...but she's also a victim of the double standard. Men behave the way she does all the time, and are perceived as studdly. So, while I disagree with the double standard, I'm also pissed off at Belinda for fucking up an opportunity for a woman to make it into the leadership race. She has the money to fund her own campaign, and could have been taken seriously...but, eh...stupid is as stupid does.

Ugly Overload is Cute Overload's unattractive sister. Life must have a balance, no?

On the Road to Alang is a website about where old cruise ships go to die. They're taken apart and everything is sold. I'll tell you that I would love to have the opportunity to buy some of the stuff I see in the photos.

I found Monkey Portaits over at Cynical-C last week. The portraits make the monkeys look like hairy humans. I can see why some people think that monkeys would make good pets, but then I remember reading about monkey attacks, and thought I'd post that link too.
You decide whether a monkey in your house is a good idea.

My friend Anna sent me this lovely link on Portraying the Serbian Soul: Byzantine Sacred Art.
It's quite beautiful, and I'll be spending more time on Svetlana's blog in the near future.

Last but not least, I watched Beautiful Girls last night for the gazillionth time. I'm not sure what it is about this movie that I like so much. Some of the vocabulary just doesn't fit the characters...but, there are scenes in this movie that just hit home with me. This is one of them, Natalie Portman's character as this amazing little girl is so Lolita-ish, but innocent.

The scene with Timothy Hutton and Uma Thurman in the ice fishing shed, Michael Rappaport's monologue on beautiful girls.
It's winter, and it's night time a lot in this movie, and if you're Canadian...even if you hate snow like I do, there is something very beautiful, comforting and serene about a snowy winter night.
It's just one of those movies I can watch over and over again.
It has a nice feel for me.
You should watch it.

That's all, my friends...