Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I have nothing to say today.

Here's a picture of me at my first home in Toronto. We lived on Tyndall Avenue where my father was a superintendent, while my mother worked two jobs (a dishwasher and seamstress).
This picture was taken a few months before my father left for good.
When I look at that picture I think about how protected and innocent I was.
A few months from then, life took a detour.

Addendum:
While looking at that photo, I remembered that during that time I was teased at school mercilessly by Simon B. Cotter.
I looked him up and it appears that he's doing quite well. Simon lived in the house across the street (to the left) of the horrible mean grass lady whose house is visible right behind myself and my ridiculously short dress in that picture. The internet is an amazing thing, no?
I know what the "B" stands for in Simon B. Cotter. It's Bartholemew.
My father went over to his house to discuss his torture of me at school with his Pastor/Reverand father, and things changed...and I quite liked Simon after that.
Just some minor trivia no one but me cares about.