Sunday, December 31, 2006

Sunday Click-Around

The Funniest Info has a bunch of pictures that are amusing. You've probably already seen a lot of them, but there are some you might not have seen yet. While we're talking about photos, here's a site that has a collection of photos "taken at the right angle". They're pretty good, some of them.

I've been a fan of Natacha Altas's music for a long time. However, I've seen her interviewed a couple of times, and she's a bit of an ass. I don't know if it's the language thing, or if she really is an ass for sure. She is a graduate with Honours of The Middle Eastern Sledgehammer School of Etiquette. I thought that perhaps the couple of interviews I saw back in the late ninties were exaggerated memory, but then I read this quote from Natacha on Wiki:

"She has denied claims that her father is a Sephardic Jew; she concedes to being "maybe 10 percent or something." She says the claim her father is Jewish is "one of those things where someone had a grudge against me and wanted to hurt me."

I remember specifically, Natacha riding the "I'm half Jewish and half Arab" train to help her music career. To read the above now, well...eh, you've probably never heard of her...so, it's not like it helped anyway. Here's Yalla Chant by Natacha Atlas.

Here's Croatian remix of Moja Štikla (My Stilletto *the Shoe, not the knife*) by Severina to a Beyonce video. I found it amusing.

While we're on the music video thing, here's a site that claims to have 20,000 video links on one page. The good thing is that the little screen scrolls down with you while you're surfing the links...the bad thing? Lots of the links are broken, and lots of the videos are of no interest to me with bands like Cannibal Corpse and Glassjaw...however one of the links that did work was Demolition Man by Grace Jones. Grace Jones is one of those people that is so strange, that you just can't stop staring at her. She's the queen of androgeny. For a more feminine version of Grace, here's La Vie en Rose.

This little kid is so cute I could just eat him with a spoon. He's a preschooler who knows all the capital cities of all the states. His little accent is so adorable, I could just squeeze him.

I like this guy...The Scottish & The Mexicans.

Ok kids...that's it.
I've got people coming over tonight and lots of work to do....
Happy New Year, all the very best to all of you...