Sunday, December 24, 2006

Sunday Click Around

Yesterday, I scored the B-Movie, High School Confidential for 3 bucks.
What a gem!
Chock full of hep cat talk from the '50's, taboo topics like being strung out on marijuana sticks, and having naughty, drunken aunties like Mamie Van Doren.
Here's a clip from the movie...deliciously hilarious beat poetry, because you know that beatniks and marijuana sticks went hand in hand.
I'm happy to have found this classic...next, Reefer Madness!

While we're on the topic of High School Confidential, many Canadians will remember Carole Pope's 1980's hit High School Confidential...here's a clip from Queer as Folk using the Rough Trade anthem. Carole Pope was Chrissie Hynde before Chrissie Hynde was Chrissie Hynde.
While we were on the 50's there for a second, here is cool interior decor from Plan59.

What American accent do you have
? Apparently, I've got a Philly accent, eh?
Found at Anna May Won't.

Here's a special SNL skit for Christmas making fun of Boy Bands.
It's crude, but I still laughed.

Here's "Pimp My Bride", and while we're on pimpin' shit...Pimp My Rickshaw!

I've heard a lot about Sarah Silverman...a lot of good things. I'm told by the media that she's hilarious. I have yet to laugh at a single thing I've heard come out of her mouth.
This is the best I could find, and I'm not laughing. Please. Someone explain to me how she's funny.

Here are some letters to God from kids..."Dear God, I bet it's hard for you to love all of everybody in the world. There are only 4 people in my family, and I can never do it".
Here is Jay Leno talking to some kids.

I read this article in The Globe about The Paramount Ballroom re-opening in Shanghai, and I found it fascinating how far Western culture travels. It made me think about the Ballroom scene in Joy Luck Club...to your right.
I then surfed around a little and found out that there were a lot of Russian Aristocrats that fled to China after the Revolution.
Not that it should be surprising, since the countries are right next door to each other, but I find it amusing to think of Russians attempting to learn the Chinese language. Just thinking of it makes me smile.
It's just damn interesting!

Here is Freaky Dream.
Instant dream interpretation. It's actually pretty good.
Just type in your dream, and it'll give you an interpretation.

Last but not least, the best search that brought someone here this week:
"jesus wins over satin"

That's all.