Wednesday, February 28, 2007

More Than Just Babel...or is it?

Last night, we rented Babel.
I wanted to see it, and it was highly recommended by friends who had seen it.
While I appreciate the stories, I didn't appreciate the depression.
There was no break in the shitty feelings, the sadness and the poverty.
This is the first movie that I've seen in a long time that I'm glad I saw, but never want to watch again.
If you want confirmation that the world is a shitty place, go ahead and rent it.

Police chases.
Should we stop them?
Because of this case, discussion around stopping police chases begins again.
firstly, I know that this kid is 19, and often 19 year olds think they're invincible, and they make stupid decisions...but still, who tries to outrun the cops?
I mean, if you're not guilty of anything but speeding, why are you going to initiate a chase by not pulling over?

I dunno...if I were a criminal, I'd be totally on board with banning police chases.
Then, I could freely commit crimes and know that all I had to do was put the pedal to the metal to get away with it.